Sunday 1 April 2018

Wobbly Easter Eggs!

Happy Easter everyone! Will keep if short and sweet today as I have Easter-y things to be doing! These were my first attempt at Easter egg nails using ILNP's new ultra metallic brights colelction for Spring 2018. To be honest I don't think it turned out all that well as the eggs are quite wonky! Gives them a bit of character I guess...

I started off with a base coat and then one layer of ILNP's Mega. This was to give a sheer effect where you can still see my nails, but with a fair amount of sparkle! In the meantime I painted some clear patches on the Uber Mat, and once dry, painted on the egg outlines in black polish with a small nail art brush. It was a bit challenging to get neat and consistent eggs,  I need to dig out my acrylic paint!Once that was dry I used some of the metallic polishes to paint spots within some eggs, and stripes on others. Once dry I filled in with more metallic polish as a background colour.

After giving them some time to dry I added another layer of clear polish, and once dry, peeled off, trimmed, and applied to my nails. I finished off with a quick dry topcoat to stick the design down and get rid of any cloudy parts. Fortunately the chocolate eggs I've received have been less wonky than this :)
Colours used: Mega - ILNP, Lady In Black - OPI, Hi Fi - ILNP, Funhouse - ILNP, Blueprint - ILNP, Checkmate - ILNP, Short Circuit - ILNP, Sugar Coated - ILNP

No comments:

Post a Comment