Sunday 29 April 2018

How not to do gels/chrome!

Hello all! Hope you've had a good weekend. Mine has been good but went too fast as usual! I'm dreading work tomorrow as it's crazy busy at the moment. Today's post is about something I tried quite some time ago! The pictures have been sat in my nail blogging folder for ages. I guess as they didn't turn out how I expected I wasn't particularly excited about sharing them.

So, there are two parts to this, gel polish and chrome powder, both of which I am fairly inexperienced in. I have successfully applied chrome powder over normal nail polish, but have heard it works better over gel so thought I would give that a try. I also wanted to have a go at getting some different colours, as I've been people apply silver chrome powder of a variety of colours to get different effects.

I started off with a couple of layers of gel polish, blue on one hand, turquoise on the other. I haven't quite mastered gel. It probably doesn't help that I'm using a cheap brand from Amazon, but I always seem to end up with it quite think and slightly rounded round the edges. I started by applying silver chrome powder, and soon realised that although it applied well, it completely blocked out the base colour! I therefore made a last minute plan to do the middle two fingers silver, and on the others use my new unicorn chrome powder for a more see through look! This worked better and I think it looks good with these colours. I do wish I could find a chrome powder which would pretty much chrome-ify any colour. That's all for now. I'm sure I'll be back on the chrome again soon!
Usually here I list the colours I used for the above images, however in this case I'm not actually sure of the names, so I can say is that they're from a brand called FairyGlo and I got them on Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment