Saturday 30 December 2017

Winter Animals ft Christmas Party Cat!

Hi there! The New Year is nearly upon us, and I don't have my new year nails ready! I am still rocking these festive winter animals which I do rather like. New Year nails are being done in a bit of a last minute scramble this evening as I'm going to London tomorrow morning. This nail art turned out a little less Christmassy than anticipated, but maybe that's a good thing for some Christmas to New Year transition nails anyway.

I used a coupe of shimmery holographics from ILNP's Spring 2017 collection for the base (colours listed below the pictures). To me the blue always seemed more icy and wintery. For the outlining patterns, I used the Mo You London Festive 45 and Enchanted 05 plates and white stamping polish. I used a dortting tool to pick up the animal images before stamping as I would come back to that later.

Meanwhile (I feel like I'm writing a recipe!) on my Uber Mat, I created decals using the advanced stamping technique, and using only the animal images (I removed the surrounding patterns using a dotting tool). You can see how to do advanced stamping here.

I really like the background colours, especially the linear holo flare of Aria, and I think it adds a lovely wintery look behind the arctic animals. The green nails are a nod to the festive season I want to hold on to! The only downside is the reindeer eyes! I had some trouble stamping for some reason and the eyes didn't come out so I did them with a dotting tool, should have done them with a smaller one as it looks a bit odd.
Colours used: Aria - ILNP, Bermuda Breeze - ILNP, Midnight Mischief - Painted Polish, Alpine Snow - OPI, Bronze Bae - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment