Thursday 28 December 2017

Cosy Metallic Christmas Jumper Nails

Hello nail people! Tonight I have some more Christmassy nail art to show you. Another design from a couple of weeks ago that I didn't have time to post. I ended up wearing them in Norway so I associate them with fond memories. You can see my Trondheim, Norway inspired nails here. The only thing I regret about these is that they aren't as typically Christmassy as they could be, they're perhaps better suited to the beginning of Christmas nail art season!

I used Soft Focus from ILNP's new collection as a base, and I really love it. It's subtle but also has a great holographic flare. I have some separate pictures I will share, just need to get round to swatching some of the other colours from the collection. Apart from the snowflakes on the little finger, I used some of Barry M's liquid chromes for the stamping.

I used the Festive 06 stamping plate from Mo You London. For some of the nails I created a gradient on the stamping plate, and on others I used a technique that's new to me after seeing it on Mo You's Instagram. For the index fingernail I picked up an image with the stamper in silver, and then used a dotting tool to pick up certain parts of the image. I then stamped again in purple, removing other parts of the images, and then again with gold. I love this technique and will definitely use it again! Not sure how good my description was so will make a picture tutorial too!
Colours used: Soft Focus - ILNP, Bright Lights - Barry M, Rain On Me - Barry M, Glow Crazy - Barry M, White Knight - Mo You London

No comments:

Post a Comment