Sunday 10 September 2017

Stamping Sunday: Lines and Shadows

Happy Sunday everyone! I am definitely not ready for the weekend to be over! I'm about to drift off to sleep, but think I can muster up the energy to talk about nail varnish for a bit! I'm struggling to keep up as many blog posts as I'd like to at the moment, just don't know where the time is going!

So for this nail art I started out with a couple of coats of Poison Rose from Tonic Polish. It was my first time using that particular shade and I wasn't that enthused at first. It just looked a bit less existing than I expected, the glitter isn't very prominent (it wouldn't really show up in the pictures!). So I decided to use it as a base for trying some layered stamping.

I used my Holy Shapes 03 stamping plate from Mo You London to stamp some shapes onto my nails in gold. I then used black stamping polish to stamp the same images again, but slightly higher so they overlapped but didn't cover the gold. Using a clear stamper was essential for this so I could see exactly where I was placing the images. I really like the way it came out. I think it looks sophisticated and perfect for work. It completely changed my opinion of the nail polish as well!
Colours used: Poison Rose - Tonic Polish, Uptown Glamour - Nails Inc, Midnight Mischief

No comments:

Post a Comment