Tuesday 29 August 2017

Watercolour Sea Creatures

Hi everyone! Tonight I am showing off some colourful holiday nails, which double up as my first ever Sharpie manicure. I wore this nail art while on a week away with my boyfriend and his family, so I associate it with fond memories!

This was my first manicure using sharpies, so I decided to experiment a bit. On one hand (top two pictures) I coloured relatively neatly within the lines, and on the other I went for a bit more of a splashed watercolour look.

I started with an off white base (colours listed below the pictures), and then stamped some images onto my nails from my Mo You London Animal 01 plate, and once dry applied a quick dry top coat. For the colours I scribbled a bit of each sharpie colour onto some foil, and mixed it with a little polish remover on a small nail art brush. I then dabbed it onto my nails within the images. I had to work quite fast as the sharpie ink dries quickly, even once mixed with polish remover. Once it was all dry I applied a matte top coat.

I think I like the neat hand best, but the messy one has a certain charm too, what do you think?
Colours used: Midnight Mischief - Painted Polish, Colour Burst Sharpies

No comments:

Post a Comment