Friday 25 August 2017

Decal making - butterflies

Hi everyone! Got some advanced stamping/decals to show you today. This technique has become one of my post used, as I'm not so good at freehand! This particular design is not one of my favourites, the pink isn't really my usual sort of shade. Also the butterflies are too small for my nails, and I can't quite decide whether that looks good or not! I will need to learn/practise stretching images.
I took the above pictures for a competition on Instagram by Mo You London, but due to a holiday didn't manage to get it in on time! Although I wasn't too sure about the design itself I do love the pictures of the decals looking through clear stampers.

For a base colour I used a pale pink (colours listed below images), and put a layer of shimmering holographic pink from ILNP's spring 2017 collection. For the butterflies I used a few more shades from ILNP's spring collection to get some lovely sparkle. Being from the same collection  the colours work well together. You can see how I made the decals here.
Colours used: Surfboard - Barry M, Ballet Slipper - ILNP, Midnight Mischief - Painted Polish, Bermuda Breeze - ILNP, High Tide - ILNP, Versailles - ILNP, Yours Truly - ILNP

No comments:

Post a Comment