Friday 14 July 2017

Floral storybook nails - attempt one

Happy Friday everyone! Bit of a nail fail to show you today, but documenting it anyway so I can link back to it when I eventually get round to an improved version! I tried newspaper print nails years ago when I was just getting into nail art and it was a great success, but this time worked less well. I used  a page from an old book as I thought it would be rather nice to use book text, but I think because the pages were thick and the ink so well dried after however many years that it didn't transfer very well. Next time I will use pieces of newspaper of magazine as the pages are more pliable and the ink is fresher.

I wanted a romantic storybook sort of look so used my Flower Power 03 stamping plate from Mo You London. This part of the design  I do like and it was the first time I used that particular plate so good to see the images in action! I used the advanced stamping technique for the flower images, you can see how here.

So watch this space for attempt two...eventually! I'll include a tutorial once I've mastered it again.
Colours used: Miscellaneous - Missguided, Midnight Mischief - Painted Polish, White Knight - Mo You London, Pink Lemonade - Barry M, Key Lime - Barry M, Seven Dials - Nails Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment