Tuesday 13 June 2017

Unicorn of the Sea, Narwhal of the Land!

Hi everyone! Got something a bit quirky on my blog, featuring the ever popular unicorn, and the increasingly popular narwhal! I have some adorable socks with narwhals on and the words 'unicorn of the sea', so I used them as inspiration and added unicorns. I've never heard them described as narwhals of the land before but there's a first time for everything!

For the base glitter I used Illyrians Charming on one hand and Nimbus on the other, you can see my review of them here. For all four fingers on my unicorn hand and the index finger on my narwhal hand (definitely going to refer to my hands that way from now on!) I used the advanced stamping technique with my Uber Mat to create decals. You can see a picture tutorial for that process here.

For the remaining three fingers on my narwhal hand and the words on my thumb I created my own decals on my Uber Mat. This was the first time I'd done so and it was surprisingly easy! I used a nail art pen from Barry M to draw the narwhals and write the words on my Uber Mat and went over them a second time to strengthen the opacity of the 'ink'. I then used a dotting tool to colour in the images with nail polish, and once dry. painted a layer of clear polish over the top. Once that was dry I peeled them off my mat and applied them to my nails, covering with a topcoat to blend the image in.
Colours used: Charming - Illyrian, Nimbus - Illyrian, Nail Art Pen in Black - Barry M, White Horse Street - Nails Inc, Alpine Snow - OPI, Soho Silver - Nails Inc, Aria - ILNP, Black Knight - Mo You London

I really liked how these turned out, the glitter was lovely, I liked the words and the quirkiness was a good talking point! Let me know what you think :)






No comments:

Post a Comment