Thursday 4 May 2017

Puurrmaids!

Hi everyone! Today I bring you... purrmaid nail art!! Some time just over a year ago when we'd not long moved into our flat, we stumbled across some 'purrmaid' bedding in Asda when doing our food shop. Not where I'd ussually buy bedding but they were so awesome and weird, we just had to! So it
was only right that I created some nail art to honour them!

I started out trying to freehand entire purrmaids, but it was a bit fiddly so I decided to do a more abstract design. I used a small nail art brush to freehand the cat faces on my pointer finger, and my Bundle Monster Twi Star stamping plate for the tails, shells and mermaid scales pattern. I was really pleasantly surprised with how well Fun Lacquers Northern Lights works as a mermaid tail shade! It was lovedly and colour shifty.

I enjoyed this design for it's quirkiness, though I think the cat faces could have been a little neater, and the tails where quite thick, as I had to use quite a few layers of Northern  Lights to get even coverage. You can see the bedding that inspired this nail art here.
Colours used: Blue Moon - Barry M, Central Station - ILNP, Blueberry - Barry M, Cobalt - Barry M, Northern Lights - Fun Lacquer, Foil Effects In Gold - Barry M, Lady In Black - OPI, Surfboard - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment