Sunday 2 April 2017

Stamping Sunday: Unicorn Island

Hi everyone! Hope you're not dreading Monday morning too much! Can't say I'm particularly looking forward to it myself. On the plus side however I do have purple nails with a sprinkle of rainbow sparkles and unicorns! And for once I'm actually posting a design while I am still wearing it.

So I had a Fun Lacquer haul from Rainbow Connection in January and am still working through them all. For the lovely sparkly Unicorn Island I was keen to stick with the theme and do a unicorn design. Fortunately I was saved from attempting to freehand when I stumbled across the unicorn plate on www.nailart.co.uk while purchasing the Twi Star mermaid blogger collaboration plate (pictures of the plates I bought at the bottom of this post).

I used the advanced stamping technique design for the unicorns on my thumbs, while the stars and clouds are stamped normally. You can see my picture tutorials on advances stamping here and here. Unicorn Island is beautiful and it's a shame my pictures don't capture the rainbows a bit more. I think stamping in silver didn't quite work as it blended to well with the purple foil effect polish on the unicorns mane, and the eyes didn't show up too well either. So next time I used these images I think I'll try them in black.
Colours used: Unicorn Island - Fun Lacquer, Silver Foil Effect - Barry M, Purple Foil Effect - Barry M, White Knight - Mo You London, Cosmic Girl - Danglefoot Polish



Above is my haul from nailart.co.uk. I was delighted to find somewhere in the UK I could by the twi start mermaid plate! As a result of this I ended up with two more blogger collaboration plates (Kelli Marissa and Nailed The Polish), an Uberchic owl plate and some lizard stencils. Postage was free over £20 and it arrived quickly, so I'm impressed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment