Thursday 2 March 2017

Throwback Thursday: The One with Bird World

Today I'm bringing some more bright colour back to my blog and sharing some pictures that have been sat in my nail archive for aages. They just didn't quite fit in before it got colder and I got onto autumn shades. My inspiration for this design was a trip to Bird World on the Easter weekend 2016, so nearly a year ago! We saw some brilliant things, our favourites being some little chicks, an enormous peacock and the very vocal southern great horn-bill.

I used my Tropical 06 stamping plate from Mo You London for the images, as I am just not that good at freehand, and went for a mix of colours (listed below images). I used a picture of stamping techniques from standard stamping and gradient stamping (the parrot wing) to advanced stamping using my Uber Mat for the coloured in images. You can see instructions on advanced stamping here.

I think I will try this design again some time and try and make it a bit neater, but I did like the final look, it's so cheerful!
Colours used: Alpine Snow - OPI, White Knight - Mo You London, Gold Foil Effect - Barry M, Cobalt - Barry M, Key Lime - Barry M, Dead Heat - Barry M, Seven Dials - Nails Inc, Sloane Avenue - Nails Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment