Thursday 16 March 2017

Sutherland Tartan Nail Art

Hi everyone! Today I'm wearing tartan nail art and I rather like it! I meant to do this design for my trip to Edinburgh in February but ran out of time so gave it a try now. I really like the way it turned out. Our trip to Scotland was primarily to visit some of the places where the Outlander TV series was filmed, as me and the girls I went with are big fans of the books and TV series. So I was thinking about doing Fraser tartan, but then I thought as I have a Scottish clan surname myself I'd give that a try! So this tartan is based loosely on Sutherland Tartan.

I started with a base of muted green (colours listed below the pictures). For the blue lines I mixed some coloured polish with clear polish on my Uber Mat. I used a flat nail art brush to dab it onto my nails in thick lines. Once dry I used a striping brush to paint some thin white lines, and then gold lines on each nail. I used a copper, gold and black glitter as an accent nail. I have had this nail art on for four days now and I expect I might even keep it for the weekend, the only downside being that I don't have anything else to put on the blog!
Colours used: Green Park - Nails Inc, My Car Has Navy-gation - OPI, Alpine Snow - OPI, Gold Digger - Barry M, Belgrave Square - Nails Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment