Sunday 5 March 2017

Stamping Sunday: Ornate Doodle Nail Art

Today's nail art stamping masterpiece is one that was just an experiment/trying out a new stamping plate but I really love the way it turned out, and ended up keeping it on for a week. My one regret is not getting some better pictures. I tried using just daylight instead of my light box but as you can see it was a dull day outside. Fortunately I have some pictures of the base colour in better light at the bottom of this post. It's Who Needs Love, a CBL valentines 2017 polish and it's rather lovely!

I used my Mo You London Doodles 01 stamping plate and black stamping polish for the images, and used my Uber Mat to create decals. Instructions on how to do it can be found here. I love the round images on this stamping plate as they're so pretty and versatile, you can put them in random places across the nail like I did, or if you have small nails they could even cover the whole nail. I think they'd look good as patterns at the bottom of each nail too.

For the detail I coloured in the images using some of Barry M's molten metal polishes. I used bronze, silver and gold but left out copper as I thought it would clash with the base colour. It worked better than expected and the gentle shimmer of the polishes sat nicely with the deep purple holo!
Colours used: Who Needs Love - Colors By Llarowe, Black Knight - Mo You London, Gold Digger, Barry M, Bronze Bae - Barry M, Silver Lining - Barry M

I've put a couple of pictures below of the other side of the decals, while they were drying after being coloured in. I just thought they looked rather pretty so it had to be documented! Under that is the base colour in daylight (on a brighter day!), and then in bright light so you can see some of that holographic flare!

No comments:

Post a Comment