Wednesday 29 March 2017

Blue Koi Pond

Hi everyone! Got something quite spring like to share today in light of the springy weather we've recently been having. I had a lovely relaxed evening doing these, and then wore them for a conference event at work which I enjoyed, so looking at them makes me feel positive, even though they didn't actually quite turn out how I expected!

For some time I have been thinking of layering up some images from my koi stamping plate, but in the end I don't think it worked quite as well as I had in-visioned. I don't think that the initial paler blue stamping was very visible under the brighter blue fish. I used a shimmery pale base colour (colours listed below the pictures) which I thought worked well, it does need so many layers though!

I decided to add a bit of glitter as an accent nail, over a layer of off-white. I used Fun Lacquers 24 Karat Diamond for the first time and oh my goodness it is amazing! The pictures don't really capture it but it is such a perfect bright glitzy rainbow holo glitter! I have tried a few amazing holo's now, and this one is definitely the best silver, it really brings out the rainbows! The only downside of using this polish for this design is that it was so bright it was a bit distracting from the subtly of the other nails, I also kind of wanted it on all my nails! So if I do this design again I'll probably use a normal glitter or less intense holo.
Colours used: Lakodom - Picture Polish, Blueberry - Barry M, Cobalt - Barry M, Butterscotch - Barry M, 24 Karat Diamond - Fun Lacquer

No comments:

Post a Comment