Sunday 1 January 2017

Happy New Year!

Happy new year! Today I of course have new year nail art (pictures below and polished used at the bottom of this post). As part of a Secret Santa I was given a new year stamping plate from Mo You London (Festive 05) so I was excited to try that out. I knew I was going to use my peachy champagne coloured glitter/shimmer polish for this design as it's just perfect for the theme! I also used black and white as I thought they'd work well with the designs, and compliment the champagne colour best.

I used the advance stamping technique for this design, using by Uber Mat to make decals our of nail polish for all nails except the firework ones which I stamped directly onto the nail. The only exception was the 2017 nail which I painted using a small nail art brush and black nail polish. I can't quite decide which my favourite hand is, I particularly like the clock and the champagne glasses. The only downside I had creating this was making the mistake of trying to use a quick dry top coat to make decals. They dried to fast and went hard so it was very tricky to get them to lie flat!
I've made two new years resolutions this year, one of which is a blog resolution. My aim is to improve my nail photography, as I think mine is a bit shabby! So I'll be trying to get familiar with the functions of my camera.

Best wishes for the new year! I hope it is a happy. healthy and productive one.
Colours used: Morganite - Cirque Colors, Alpine Snow - OPI, Lady In Black - OPI, Black Knight - Mo You London, White Knight - Mo You London

No comments:

Post a Comment