Saturday 8 October 2016

Rippling Waves

Amidst all the new autumnal shades and Halloween designs across the nail bloggersphere at the moment, I'm bringing one last glimpse of summer! I wore this for a long weekend with family friends in Center Parcs at the end of September, and fancied squeezing in just one more summer design. I've seen a lot of these rippling wave beach designs around over the last few years and thought that my sheer polish, 'Flipper', from Urban Outfitters would be perfect to create it.

I started with a base of white polish, and then a couple of layers of Flipper. Next I used the rippling waves pattern from my Bundle Monster XL25 stamping plate and white stamping polish. It's a perfect pattern for ocean designs and I think it could possibly create a good marble effect too. I used another layer of Flipper over the pattern to soften the harsh white lines a little and give it a bit more dimension.

For the sand I used three different polishes, starting with one of Nails Inc's concrete effect polishes. I created an uneven line of sand at the bottom of each nail, I tried a straight line on one thumb but it just didn't look beachy enough! I then covered it over with a little bit of an ancient Barry M fine gold glitter, and then a little bit of Barry M's chunky yellow topaz glitter. Finally I used a small nail art brush to paint on a starfish on each ring finger and covered over with a super shiny topcoat.
Colours used: Alpine Snow - OPI, Flipper - Urban Outfitters, White Knight - Mo You London, London Wall - Nails Inc, Gold Glitter - Barry M, Yellow Topaz - Barry M, St James - Nails Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment