Thursday 27 October 2016

Day Of The Dead Skulls

Hello nail people! Today I'm showing my attempt at Hannah Rox It Nails basic day of the dead nail art. Her video's are great, I would highly recommend checking out her Youtube channel. My left hand looks a lot better than my left with these, I think I've been doing so much stamping that I'm out of practise with freehand. You can see my wobbly right hand bottom left!

I used Barry M's Coconut as a base, mine is nearly finished and getting a bit thick now, so it was a bit of a challenge! Next I used a dotting tool to create black dots for the eyes, and then a smaller tool to create the colourful markings around the outside of the eyes. While this was drying I used black polish and a small brush to create the triangular noses. For the mouths I reverted back to my old nail art pen! I found this easier for creating the thin lines. Finally, I used the pen to draw outlines of the markings on the eyes, et voila, spooky!

I have mixed feelings on this mani, I do think it's imperfections made it a little spookier! I kept it on for a few days and kept changing my mind whether I wanted to keep it on or not! If I could have got it as neat as Hannah did that would have been ideal!
Colours used: Coconut - Barry M, Lady In Black - OPI, Yellow - Barry M, Cyan - Barry M, Dead Heat - Barry M, Key Lime - Barry M, Nail Art Pen in Black - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment