Saturday 3 September 2016

Barry M Molten Metals Review

Hello, happy Saturday! It looks like a beautiful day today so I'll be off to enjoy the sun after this long overdue review of Barry M's molten metals collection. Torturously I was on a buying ban of nail polish when these came out, so I had to wait some time to give them a try. Then when I finally did get my hands on them and take some pictures they stayed on my computer for weeks while I posted more summery nail art. So I am very glad to finally be sharing my thoughts on them. Read on for how I found each one.

First up is Gold Digger, a pale metallic gold. This one seemed a little thin at first but built up easily in two to three coats. All of these as expected come with the wide brush which I am a big fan of as it makes application easier. I like how this gold is a little different from others I have, what with the recent Meebox Zoya gold I think I have a full range of shades of gold now! I'm sure that will come in handy at the end of the year... Below is two coats, so you can see a little nail line still, but this can be rectified. I think it will be a good base for some Autumn/winter nail art when the time comes.
The second I'm showing today is Silver Lining. I really like the dark metallic feel of this one. It covers well in two coats and again is a little different to any of the silvers I currently have. As you can see from the below it's super shiny! With all of these I like the touch of shimmer they have as well.
Now onto the more unusual ones! Copper Mine is different to a lot around at the moment. I had though this collection was quite wintery, but actually this one or the next one would look lovely with a white dress in the summer. The shimmers catch the light well too. Again covers easily in two coats, and possibly my favourite of the collection, but it's hard to say!
Lastly is Bronze Bae, not sure about the name! I love the shade though. My only concern is that I'm perhaps a little pale to pull it off. If it wasn't for that this would be my favourite of the collection above Copper Mine for sure. A great all year round colour and covers in two coats. I particularly like it as a summer metallic. It reminds me of lovely flowing white Grecian dresses and bronze or gold leaf patterned accessories!
To conclude, it's a thumbs up from me! I think I like the bronze and copper ones best as they are more unusual. I didn't find they stood out particularly well when used for stamping, but would work stamped over black so you've got a bit of contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment