Tuesday 23 August 2016

HPB Presents: Goldfish!

Good evening nail polishers! Today I'm taking part in another Hobby Polish Bloggers link up. HPB is a Facebook group for bloggers with a passion for nail art, and we do a monthly themed link up. I'm loving this months theme as it is SO random, and gave me a prompt to come up with something new, rather than a design that's already on my to do list.

I was very naughty on Saturday and purchased another nail polish while accompanying my boyfriend to the shops. I've never tried an Urban Outfitters polish, but I've admired the bottle designs for a while. My excuse for this one was it's a sheer I don't have. The polish is called Flipper and I used it to create my first ever pond mani (to represent bubbles), I'm very happy with how it turned out.

For the accent nail I mixed some green polish with polish remover for a watercolour effect, and painted on some underwater plant leaves over white with a nail art brush. On my thumb nail I also used a watercolour effect for the goldfish to give them some texture. I felt they were lacking something so added some gold round the ages and a little gold fin as a finishing touch.

I'm really happy with how this one turned out :) Particularly enjoying the bright blue pond mani! I've enjoyed the quirky theme too! Scroll to the bottom of this blog post to see what wonders the rest of the team have created!
Colours used: Alpine Snow - OPI, Flipper - Urban Outfitters, Key Lime - Barry M, Spring Green - Barry M, Papaya - Barry M, Gold Digger - Barry M, Lady In Black - OPI



No comments:

Post a Comment