Wednesday 1 June 2016

The Switching Post - Jenne From Polished Pathology

Hello! Today I am excited to to be doing a blog switch with Jenne from Polished Pathology. Make sure you check out her awesome blog, and the lovely design she created below!

Blog switch with Rebecca from Claws For Thought - The Switching Post
Hey guys, Jenne here! Today I am so excited to switch with Rebecca from Claws For Thought. We decided to do a negative space mani for our switch, and I thought it would be fun to do one of my three step tutorials! Sadly, I accidentally deleted the first set of pics for this look, but you'll still get the general idea of what to do. Let's get to it!

supplies
For this look I used the following:
Single straights and french tip vinyls
1
step-1
I don't have the french tip vinyl guide picture! GAH! That's the one I deleted. So, instead you have the finalized product of step 1. :/ From index-pinkie I used Liv - Ness - Dory - Brynn
2
step-2
I am quite sure there are dozens of other ways to make this easier. I don't know if there are nail vinyl forms for this shape. I don't even know that to call it. Long arrowhead? An isosceles triangle? Whatever it is, I had a certain look I wanted. I wanted satin over glossy in this shape. After you have your vinyls placed, use your satin shade (in my case it was Zoya Ana)3
step-3-full
Remove the guides and you're done! If you're anything like me you might actually hate this mani. Not because I don't like the idea I was trying to go for, but I just don't like the feathers the straight vinyls left or that it's not 'perfect'. I see flaws more than I do the good stuff when it comes to my work. BUT, overall, I do like it and will probably try this look again in the future.

So, there ya have it! What do you guys think? Feel free to follow me on my blog or social media, and once again thank you for hosting me on your blog, Rebecca! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment