Sunday 19 June 2016

Stamping Sunday: Steampunk

Happy Fathers day! I'm not sure in which countries is is fathers day today, maybe just the UK? Happy Sunday is maybe more fitting! Today I am showing my first try of some new nail mail I got from Mo You London. I am on a nail polish buying ban, but that does not include stamping plates, so I ordered four to mark being halfway through the ban! The first I am showing is Steampunk Plate Collection 02, pictures below.

I decided to try them out over a gradient, and went for blue as it's my favourite! For the stamping I used Models Own limited edition polish I got a while back in TK Maxx, Burnt Toffee. It is absolutely perfect for stamping. I liked having something a bit different from the standard gold or silver. As always with Mo You London, the images are lovely and picked up really well. The only thing I would change about this mani is the strength of the background colours. The below pictures are in daylight, followed my sunlight, so you can  see the images well, but in some lights it was a bit too dark so the images weren't as clear, especially at the top of the gradient.
Colours used: Blue Moon - Barry M, Cyan - Barry M, Cobalt - Barry M, Burnt Toffee - Models Own

No comments:

Post a Comment