Sunday 12 June 2016

Stamping Sunday: Feeling Koi

Hi everyone, happy Sunday! Today I am showing you my first attempt a creating a Koi pond manicure with my BM-725 stamping plate from Bundle Monster. I've included a picture of the stamping plate wayy down at the bottom of this post, it's a pretty one!

For my first attempt I wanted to try a classic Koi pond pattern over black, with orange and white fish, and green plant life. For this design I used the advanced stamping technique, stamping the images onto my Uber Mat and filling them in using a dotting tool. Once dry, I filled each image with white stamping polish, this gave a background to the images that would make the colours pop even over a black background.

For the fish I used a neon orange, which I actually got for about 2 euros in a supermarket in Ibiza a few years ago. No idea what's in it but it's actually not bad! I like how vivid it makes the koi, but it was possibly a tad too bright in some lights. On another occasion I might try a less neon shade, but then that might not be bright enough, trial and error I suppose!

Colours used: Lady In Black - OPI, Midnight Green - Mo You London, Key Lime - Barry M, White Knight - Mo You London, W18 - Color Cosmetic

< So here is the stamping plate I was raving about. Most of my plates are from Mo You London so this is a little different. I really like that the images make up one big image, I love plates like that but often end up getting separated designs as they can be easier to use.

Thanks for reading! I have a few other idea for manicures I can do with this plate, and look forward to trying them out. Next attempt at the Koi pond mani to follow.... sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment