Friday 1 April 2016

Are they apples?

Happy Friday! I really toyed with the idea of deleting these pictures. They've been sat in my nail blog folder for quite some time and I don't have any decent pictures, as it did not go to plan! But I have decided to document this anyway, perhaps then I can recreate the design and make it better in the future and can look back and it and lol! I just hope people don't come to my blog for the first time to be greeted with this!

When I finished this deign I was unsure if it looked like what it was supposed to, so I asked a few colleagues and my boyfriend what they thought they were meant to be. Sure enough, no one had any idea! Someone thought they were owls, another thought eyes, but most had no clue. They are indeed supposed to be apples! I was going for a Halloween candy apple look, with the gold glitter, and red apples, but the proportions just weren't quite right. I think to make this better and more recognisable I would have needed to make the beige inner apple areas bigger, and perhaps the stalks more prominent. I think if I do this again I will practise on paper first!

Needless to say these weren't on for long, but I suppose they still were an interesting pattern!

Colours used: Red Hot Rio - OPI, Lady In Black - OPI, Colville Mews - Nails Inc, Cocoa - Barry M, Spring Green - Barry M, Chelsea Embankment - Nails Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment