Sunday 28 February 2016

*100th Blog Post!*

Good evening! Its been over a week since I last blogged now which feels very strange! I moved house last week and also went on a business trip to Spain so time has been a little limited and I've been missing some essential tools. Finally moved my nail polish today but it's still all contained at the moment till my desk arrives on Tuesday. Very excited to re-organise it all!

So this is my 100th blog post! I thought I'd commemorate this moment in my blog history by looking back over the things I've posted so far and sharing some favourites. I originally intended to pick just four designs to share, but have ended up only being able to whittle it down to six! Here goes:





First up is my Christmas day design, you can see the original post here. I love Christmas cards and had great fun trying to recreate one of the ones I bought for Christmas 2015. I was going to add a little Santa but decided it too fiddly.

I was really pleased with how this turned out and ended up keeping it on and wearing it for New Year too!










Next up is one from aaages ago, but was posted on my blog here on November 2015. This was my first try of Nails Inc's stunning silver galaxy glitter polish, and also featured a gorgeous Nails Inc purple and some freehand aztec patterns (with the help of a Barry M nail art pen.). So altogether this one stuck in my mind as a favourite. One I should really get round to re-creating!








I absolutely had to share this as it was my first real successful attempt at stamping and I adored wearing it. The base colour is OPI's My Car Has Navy-gation which my boyfriend got me as a surprise present. I also wore it for the 1st time on a holiday with his family, so fond memories all round!

I hope to try this Mo You Doodles stamping plate again soon with some colourful advanced stamping. You can see the original post here.







This summery design is probably one of my favourite mani's out off all the ones I've done! The design was actually copied from a couple I saw on Instagram. Unfortunately I'm unsure who did the original to credit them.

I changed the colour to a bright summery blue and used a small nail art brush for the lemons and leaves, and outlined them with a Barry M nail art pen. There are actually two shades of yellow involved but it;'s quite hard to see.

See how I got on here.




This is a reeeally old one but had to be shared as I was so so pleased with it! Design was based on one seen on Pinterest but as it was years ago I'm not sure whose.

I started with a blue gradient, and then outlined the sky line with a Barry M nail art pen. Then used a small brush to fill in the towers, and another nail art pen for the lights/windows.

If I did this again I think I could get a better gradient. Another one I hope to recreate some day. Here's the relevant blog post here. A throwback to so many years ago! (Well actually about 3 or 4 but a lot has changed in that time!




And finally, another oldish design! This was based on a mani by One Nail To Rule Them All and I enjoyed doing it plus of course the after effects! I used two pale blues for the subtle gradient and then lightly smudged some white polish on with cling film for a spray effect. Then used a small nail art brush and nail art pens for the boats and birds.

See my original blog post here. It's a really early one!




Thank you for reading! I hope you've enjoyed looking through my pictures, I certainly enjoyed making them! Might try and do this every hundred posts. Still settling into the new flat (love it!) so may be a little less active on my blog the next couple of weeks, but will try and keep up once a week, to avoid any withdrawal symptoms!

Good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment