Sunday 29 November 2015

Stamping Sundays: Arctic Creatures

Todays stamping sunday post is something lovely a wintery for everyone snuggled up this evening! I used a combination of decals made on my Uber Mat, and regular stamping straight onto my nails. I used Barry M's silver foil effect polish, they stamp so well! All colours used for this design were Barry M but I used my Nails Inc Kensington Caviar top coat as usual. I really can't fault it!


The stamping plate used is from Mo You's new(ish) Enchanted Collection and it plate number 05. it has a variety of arctic creatures framed in wintery patterns, and some additional patterns at the bottom. I'm really taken with the enchanted plates, the tropical one is particularly good too, I like the little snake and iguana.

I learnt from my last stamping post (here) to place my mat over a light coloured surface so that I can see i'm filling in the designs completely. This worked much better this time, I think the main images being smaller helped too. The decals I made were placed on my thumbs, ring fingers and index fingers. With the remaining ones I stamped the designs straight on.

Learnt a couple more things from this mani too. Firstly placing the bottom of the image at the bottom of my nails rather than starting from the middle as I've done with larger patterns meant I didn't end up with a mess around my cuticles. Sides are much easier to clean! The other is that I have always read to put the decals over a wet/tacky layer of polish and have done this previously. however with this design I forgot and let it dry completely. Therefore if I accidently put a decal on wrong I could just peel it of and replace!

Overall I'm pleased with how this turned out, hope you like it too!

Colours Used: Cobalt - Barry M, Silver Foil - Barry M, Matt White - Barry M, Cappuccino - Barry M, Kensington Caviar - Nails Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment